[Ffmpeg-devel] H264/AVC decoding of non mod8 video

Mathieu Monnier manao
Sat Sep 3 13:37:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Several apple trailers show purple/pink blocks on the right border of
the picture. When it happens, the width of the picture is not dividable
by 8.

An example of such a trailer is "The brothers grimm" (
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/480p/the_brothers_grimm_m480pa.mov
), 852x480. It begins by following a girl into the woods, then she makes
her way back to the village, two lightning strikes, then purple can be
spotted, to the right / bottom corner of the video, for a few frames (
~22th second of the movie ).

This artifact shows up in vlc ( first of july ) and mplayer ( 26th of
june ). I wasn't able to test with ffmpeg cvs ( I wasn't even to compile
it on my b0rked cygwin, it'll have to wait for a reboot ), so I can't
know for sure if the issue still arises.

Once I'm able to test, I'll report back to say whether the bug is still
there or not.

Best regards,

Mathieu Monnier