[Ffmpeg-devel] SIGSEGV in h264.c, stream is available for debugging

Dario Andrade dario
Fri Sep 9 21:06:03 CEST 2005

> I've got a SIGSEGV decoding h264, the stream was generated by x264.
>

> The following stream was recorded live and begins from the middle:
>

> http://www.datscom.com.br/~dario/dump.SIGSEGV.h264
>

>the following command line reproduces the fault (the source code is updated
>from cvs as of 09/05/2005 08:13pm GMT-3).
>
>$ ./ffmpeg -i dump.SIGSEGV.h264 -f null dump.SIGSEGV.h264.null

Has anyone got any status on that subject?
Anyway, I've managed to increase the number of max
reference pics (at least from what I could understand from the code), from
16 to 32 in h264.c, and it seems to help a little (the stream above now
decodes to the end).

btw, nice symbolic constants would be nicer than things like that spread all
over the code:
for (i = 0; i < 16; i++) ...
Picture* delayed_pics[16]; etc... :-)

The above stream now decodes ok, but the following one fails with
"getbuffer() failed" and consequently (no checks for the getbuffer calls)
SIGSEGV.
I assume there is some leak somewhere?

http://bule.ip.tv/~dario/dump.SIGSEGV.1.h264

Again, I'd appreciate any help on the subject.

Regards,

Dario Andrade
R&D
IP.TV