[Ffmpeg-devel] Unusual artifact in a snow video

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Sep 12 03:56:28 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 02:13:46AM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> [...]
>
>>>On a side not snow looks broken on big endian systems...
>>
>>Luca sent me this image and asked me to host it, all credit goes to his PPC:
>>
>>http://www.swains.plus.com/superdump/garbage.png

the vo x11 shows that behaviour, looks like the swscale is somewhat
broken (unaligned variables?)

the xv one shows some corruption but on the motion compensation and the
base image is rendered almost correctly...

The strange is that if I encode some source in snow it plays fine on ppc
and x86.

lu