[Ffmpeg-devel] Compiling ffmpeg on Mac OS X

Lina Pezzella J4rg0n
Mon Sep 12 18:17:39 CEST 2005

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:46:18 +0200
> From: Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>
> Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] compiling ffmpeg on macOS X10.4
> To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches
>     <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 03:16:31PM +0200, Boris LENSEIGNE wrote:
>
>> I recently tried to compile ffmeg on on macintosh G4 running osX 10.4
>> and I had to mak a pair of modifications in order t have it
>> working, so
>> let me inform you about that :
>> 1- on 10.4, the symbol " socklen_t " is already defined so that I
>> had to
>> comment the following line in file 'libavformat/tcp.c" :
>> /* #if defined(__APPLE__) || defined(__BEOS__) */
>> /* typedef int socklen_t; */
>> /* #endif */
>>

>> 2- flag -fno-common has to be added to the compiler command line. In
>> config.mak I did it like that :
>> OPTFLAGS=-O3 -g -Wall -Wno-switch  -no-cpp-precomp -pipe
>> -fomit-frame-pointer -faltivec -mdynamic-no-pic -fno-common
>>
>> Hope, this will help you
>>

> It would help enormously if you could send us a patch instead.
>
> Diego

I sent an extensive patch to add dylib support to ffmpeg for Mac OS X
about 2 weeks ago and I never heard anything about it. Could someone
let me know if it is being looked at?

Thanks in advance,

Lina Pezzella
Ebuild & Porting Co-Lead