[Ffmpeg-devel] AVOptions

Rich Felker dalias
Tue Sep 13 01:56:48 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:03:06PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >>
> >> This isn't really a problem.  We can simply decide never to name an
> >> option in Turkish, and translating options would be very stupid.
> >
> > The point was that you can't use strcasecmp, because setlocale can
> > break it.
>
> It could, but AFAIK all commonly used encodings are ASCII compatible.

No, they're not. tolower/toupper behave in very strange ways with
regards to 'i' and 'I' when in Turkish locale (there's an uppercase
dotted 'I' and a lowercase undotted 'i', and the characters 'i' and
'I' are not considered the same...)

> Things like UTF-16 are rarely used.

Huh? Things like UTF-16 are totally unsupported. They're not remotely
compatible with the function in question.

Rich