[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problem with mpeg4 encoding on OS/2: Non Monotone Timestamps

Paul Smedley paulat
Tue Sep 13 09:56:01 CEST 2005

Hi Michel,
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:03:39 UTC, Michel Bardiaux
<mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:

> Paul Smedley wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Just rebuilt ffmpeg on os/2 for the first time in a while, and have a
> > problem with encoding mpeg4 video.
> >
> > A command line such as:
> > ffmpeg -i monaro.mpg -vcodec mpeg4 -b 800 out.avi
> >
> > Gives many errors like:
> > error, non monotone timestamps -6535836193915 >= -6535836193915
> >
> > and the resulting avi doesn't work.
> >
> > A build from cvs 3 months ago doesn't show this problem.
> >
> > Any clues why this might be happening?  Is there a way to check out
> > from cvs each build over the last 3 months to see when this broke
> > which might help determine why?
>
> Maybe ffmpeg is not broken and the timestamps in the MPG really are
> non-monotone. Where did this MPG come from?
>
> What happens if you demux and remux it before reencoding?

The mpg was created with ffmpeg :) I tried all sorts of different
source and same problem.  Michael posted that it should be fixed in
cvs and it is ok now.

--
Cheers,

Paul.