[Ffmpeg-devel] A B C versions

Sir Pingus pingus_77
Tue Sep 13 11:05:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

In our project XdTV (xawdecode.sf.net) we use the FFMpeg library.
We try to keep the compatibility of all versions of FFMpeg (0.4.6, 0.4.7, 0.4.8, 0.4.9pre1, Cvs) because the users ask such things.
It's a big work as the FFMpeg API has sometimes some changes but we can do that.

With your new system "A B C versions" we have a big problem now.

To keep the compatibility we use such lines:
#if LIBAVCODEC_BUILD >= 4729
and we use also these two functions: avcodec_build() and avcodec_version()

The problem is that if we test LIBAVCODEC_BUILD  we don't get 5000 as expected but a number very big (i don't remember it). To test it it's very easy: fprintf(stderr,"FFMPeg build = %d\n", LIBAVCODEC_BUILD)
This result is the same now with both avcodec_build() and avcodec_version(). Why? Normally the version in the past was 0.4.8 or other and the build was 4765 or other.

Is there any problem with the new system? How can we get a compatibility with the old versions?

Thanks a lot.

Pingus