[Ffmpeg-devel] Problems with H264

Hanno Böck mail
Tue Sep 13 22:28:19 CEST 2005

Am Tuesday, 13. September 2005 21:57 schrieb M?ns Rullg?rd:
> It plays perfectly fine here, only a little slow due to lacking CPU
> power.

So you've no idea why it crashes on my system?
Any further information I can provide for debugging this?

> I don't have any radeons myself so I can't confirm or deny.  Does this
> happen with all H.264 movies, or only some?  Is there anything else
> the bad ones have in common?  Some graphics cards do odd things if the
> video size is larger than the maximum supported by the overlay unit.
> Are these movies all HD?  Check the supported overlay size with
> xvinfo.

Only with some, I can't find anything they have in common, beside they are all
HD.
Some HD-videos don't have this behaviour.

xvimage says
    maximum XvImage size: 2048 x 2048
so this should be ok.

--