[Ffmpeg-devel] AVOptions

Fred Rothganger rothgang
Thu Sep 15 06:13:51 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>as everyone certainly already knows ffmpeg/libav* has a nice&new AVOption
>API, comments & suggestions for improvements are welcome
>
>and dont complain in a month that its not useable in your application, if
>you know of an issue or have a suggestion to improve it then post it now

    You had suggested earlier that we could also use AVOption for
passing meta-data to containers.  Would this be separate from the job of
setting parameters, or all rolled together?  Ie: will the meta-data and
parameters show up in the same list of AVOptions, or will there be
separate lists for them?

    You might consider adding get and set function pointers to the
AVOption structure.

-- Fred