[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV-H.264 by BBC not playing

Dietmar Hofer didi
Thu Sep 15 17:51:41 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2005 17:05 schrieb Reimar D?ffinger:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:27:38PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> > -demuxer lavf works here but I still get some spurious output:
>
> Yes, it definitly does. In MPlayer the ES parser seems to have some bug.

Your're right, now after recompiling mplayer I also got it working.

> > [h264 @ 008C16B8]decode_slice_header error
> > [h264 @ 008C16B8]non existing PPS referenced
> > [h264 @ 008C16B8]decode_slice_header error
> >
> > This is repeated many times before the video window opens and the
> > video is played. It plays fine though. :)
>
> That's no surprise, if you try to start decoding in the middle of the
> stream it just can't work (because the frames needed to decode are not
> available).
> Playback will start on the next keyframe.
> Once MPlayer's parser is fixed, you shouldn't get this problem anymore
> since then the demuxer will start sending data only after the first
> keyframe (I think, at least after the first SPS).

So this needs a bugreport at MPlayer. Where exactly should I report this?
I would also be happy if somebody could do that for me, pointing to this
thread :-)

Thank you all, this is a very responsive mailing list!