[Ffmpeg-devel] AVOptions

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Sep 15 18:11:15 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:43:39AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:13:51PM -0600, Fred Rothganger wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > >as everyone certainly already knows ffmpeg/libav* has a nice&new AVOption
> > >API, comments & suggestions for improvements are welcome
> > >
> > >and dont complain in a month that its not useable in your application, if
> > >you know of an issue or have a suggestion to improve it then post it now
> > >

> >    You had suggested earlier that we could also use AVOption for
> > passing meta-data to containers.  Would this be separate from the job of
> > setting parameters, or all rolled together?  Ie: will the meta-data and
> > parameters show up in the same list of AVOptions, or will there be
> > separate lists for them?
>
> the idea was that they would be in the same list

What if a particular container has a key name that overlaps with a
lavf muxer setting name? IMO something needs to be done to protect the
namespace, even if they are in the same list. But I question the whole
same list thing, since some containers allow arbitrary key names, and
the AVOption list seems to be a fixed list of options..?

Rich