[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG code a mess

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer
Sun Sep 18 10:03:49 CEST 2005

I don't known why this email had so much replies :P
Yes ffmpeg is not very easy to understand and to use in other projects,
but I would remember that it reads/writes almost all of most common
codecs and without it non-x86 system would be never capable to play many
videos. The main "difficult" is that a lot of code is
asm/mmx/sse/3dnow optimized, the programmer that use it shouldn't
care about it (but only earn benefits), a quick look on source can be discouraging.

Anyway the guy that wrote this mail was believing ffmpeg a lib that
he can use out of the box, so he failed to use it and posted here
crying that ffmpeg is a mess.

FFmpeg is a big work in any case,
so I would suggest to do not spend anymore time replying these guys.

(perhaps I've used some strange english terms, I would remember that
English is not my primary language ;P, so don't shot me)

Bye
--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader