[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Gary Corcoran gcorcoran
Mon Sep 19 00:49:22 CEST 2005

G?bor Farkas wrote:

>> Java can be handy sometimes, but there are a few things that annoy me:
>>
>> - No unsigned types.
>

> why do you need them? what would  you like to do with them?

Do you know how many bugs have been caused by stupid (or just lazy)
programmers using 'int' to describe things that have no meaning
when negative, such as a sector number?  And then when the number
eventually gets large and passes 2^31, suddenly you have a negative
number of only-positive things.   Ugh...

IMO things which _cannot_ be negative should *always* be declared
as an unsigned type.

Gary