[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation Issue

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Sep 22 16:21:34 CEST 2005

Jan-Willem Mulder wrote:

Please dont top post.

> only problem I have is that --enable-shared does not work as expected
> anymore when building with mingw.
> before libavutil was added ffmpeg.exe for example was about 150k,
> libavformat 400k and libavcodec 2500k. After libavutil was added (and
> current cvs) ffmpeg.exe results in 3200k, libavutil 35k, libavcodec 2500k,
> libavformat 3000k. It seems that it is all staticly linked.
>  darkie.

Indeed:

nm -Bo libavformat/avformat.dll | fgrep ' U '

returns empty. Definitely broken.

I was able to work around it by changing some lines in the Makefiles,
see attached patch. Of course this is *only* for DLLs. How to write
things exactly so that the shared or static libs are used for the links
requires more familiarity with the Makefiles than I have. (Someone will
maybe point out that the autotools would not have made that mistake...)

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be