[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg-devel Digest, Vol 6, Issue 88

Lina Pezzella J4rg0n
Fri Sep 23 18:42:13 CEST 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 6:55 AM, ffmpeg-devel-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:39:18AM -0400, Lina Pezzella wrote:
>

>> The attached patch for Darwin/OSX dylib support was made against the
>> current CVS (as of about 7PM EST tonight) and addresses the below
>> issues. Hopefully you'll see this patch as being a bit cleaner.
>>

> Fails to build for me on OS X 10.3.9 after running ./configure
> --enable-shared --enable-gpl:
>
> make -C libavutil all
> cc -dynamiclib -Wl,-single_module,-undefined,dynamic_lookup -Wl,-
> install_name,/usr/local/lib/libavutil.dylib,-current_version,,-
> compatibility_version, -Wl,-dynamic,-search_paths_first -o
> libavutil.dylib mathematics.o integer.o rational.o
> intfloat_readwrite.o  -lz
> ld: -dylib_compatibility_version must be greater than zero
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[1]: *** [libavutil.dylib] Error 1
> make: *** [lib] Error 2

You need to pass --enable-shared-pp to configure as well. I'm not
sure what the difference between these two options is. I can easily
move the versioning information to the configure portion for --enable-
shared instead, but I'm not sure this is the correct behavior. Please
let me know if this is preferable.

--Lina Pezzella
Ebuild & Porting Co-Lead
Gentoo for OS X