[PATCH][Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation Issue

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Sep 26 12:14:26 CEST 2005

Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Hi,
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>>Jan-Willem Mulder wrote:
>>Please dont top post.
>>>only problem I have is that --enable-shared does not work as expected
>>>anymore when building with mingw.
>>>before libavutil was added ffmpeg.exe for example was about 150k,
>>>libavformat 400k and libavcodec 2500k. After libavutil was added (and
>>>current cvs) ffmpeg.exe results in 3200k, libavutil 35k, libavcodec 2500k,
>>>libavformat 3000k. It seems that it is all staticly linked.
>   AFAIK there were some problems even before I added libavutil.
>>nm -Bo libavformat/avformat.dll | fgrep ' U '
>>returns empty. Definitely broken.
>>I was able to work around it by changing some lines in the Makefiles, 
>>see attached patch. Of course this is *only* for DLLs. How to write 
>>things exactly so that the shared or static libs are used for the links 
>>requires more familiarity with the Makefiles than I have. (Someone will 
>>maybe point out that the autotools would not have made that mistake...)
>   I tried to work out a solution today. The attached patch is what
> I have so far, it may not be the best solution but i think it is 
> better than before. Please test (on all platforms).
> [...]
>   Alex (beastd)
Sorry, the patch is rejected when applied to CVS as of 2005-09-26 
10:13GMT. Please redo the diff against a current CVS. TIA.

Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41
F +32 [0] 2 790 29 02
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be

Mediaxim NV/SA
Vorstlaan 191 Boulevard du Souverain
Brussel 1160 Bruxelles

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list