[Ffmpeg-devel] wrong aspect ratio

Reinhard Amersberger protux
Thu Sep 29 16:02:21 CEST 2005

hi,

I notice that some of my files are playes back with wrong aspect ratio.
originally the problem has attract attention when I played back a file
in jahshaka (mlt) which in turn use ffmpeg functionallity.

So I used ffplay directly from the command line which shows the same
behaviour.

since ffplay_acl is also installed on my machine, I noticed that playing
back using ffplay_acl works fine!!!

here you can take a look:
www.groovision.de/mlt/correct aspect ratio using ffplay_acl.png

on the left side you can see ffplay_acl output and the blua area on the
right side is the output from ffplay (video height is too low).

the file I used is located here:
www.groovision.de/mlt/mjpeg.avi

please tell me if you need more info on that topic.

btw: please excuse my bad english - im from germany ;-)

greetings
reinhard