[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] mpeg2 422 encoding.

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Tue Apr 4 20:57:05 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
> this patch causes a 0.4% speed loss for mpeg4 encoding, this is IMHO not
> acceptable, speed losses add up and if we accept 10 such patches ...
>
> [...]
>
> things should be implemented as:
>
> static always_inline some_func_intenal(csx, csy){
> }
>
> some_func(){
>     if(chroma_shift_x==1 && chroma_shift_y==1)
>         some_func_intenal(1, 1);
>     else
>         some_func_intenal(chroma_shift_x, chroma_shift_y);
> }
>
> that way we could easily switch between a big & fast or small and 0.4%slower
> version by just forcing some_func_intenal to be inlined or not
>
> [...]

All right, I tried to implement it the way you suggested, I hope I
understood it right.

I still have a bug when I use -mbd bits in 422, and I could not find why
yet, picture has yellow/green/blue chroma blocks on P/B frames.
What does mbd bits imply that is well hiddent ?

Thanks Michael for your time.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312