[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] floor plan and accomodation

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Sun Apr 9 22:21:07 CEST 2006

On Sunday, 09 April 2006 at 22:05, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:30:57PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> >
> > > Hi

> > > no, authors who produce valuable stuff should get money authors who
> > > produce crap should get none/less
> > > you dont need a capitalistic-copyright style system to do this
> > > just some popularity (like how many times has X been downloaded
> > > or how many people vote for it or whatever
> >
> > With that system, we would be paying for what people on average like.
> > That means that I would have to pay for stupid soaps that I'd never
> > think of watching.  I don't mind paying for music/films/books, if I
> > can choose for myself which authors get my money (and the price is
> > reasonable), but I hate being forced to pay for things I don't want.
>
> hmm, well then  what about the following hypothetical system
>
> 1. decide based on income/ amount of money a person has / ... how much
>    she pays for intelectual works
> 2. each person can freely decide who gets this money, if the person
>    doesnt say anything it is distributed according to popularity
>
> happy now?

No, because you'd need a list of government-approved artists/authors to whom
money can be given. Who would keep this list, how would it work and why would
I have to pay to make it work?

Regards,
R.

--