AW: [Ffmpeg-devel] Is there any tutorial about RTP functions?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Apr 21 09:15:11 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:39 +0200, Wiese, Hendrik wrote:
> > I just write some classes to grab frames from
> > webcam and encode them. If i have an encode
> > frame (in h261) how can i send over the net
> > using rtp functions? It seems there's no explanations...
>
> > A. Fontana
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question.
> I just write to force your request since I urgently need
> these informations, too. Maybe somebody could answer
> this question THIS time. Nearly every other question
> I wrote here regarding RTP & H.26x remains unanswered...
Maybe you are asking the wrong question in the wrong place ;-)
(hint: try live555.com)

Anyway, I cannot say anything about H.26x because I did not read the
relevant RFCs, but last summer I posted on this mailing list some
detailed instructions about how to stream MPEG4 video with ffmpeg.
Search the mailing list archives, and you will be able to stream MPEG4
video. Then read the RFCs, implement the needed pieces of code in
libavformat/rtp.c, and you'll be able to stream H.26x.

If/when I find some time, maybe I'll write a short tutorial about
streaming with ffmpeg, and I'll submit it for inclusion in the
documentation.

			Luca
--
Proud to be "coglione"