[Ffmpeg-devel] Shared libs vs executable

Charles Flèche charles.fleche
Wed Apr 26 21:16:30 CEST 2006

Hello everybody !
I'm planning to write a video encoding. The software will have to be able to
encode video in mpg4 and avi, with codecs as h264 and mpeg4 like XVid of
FFMP4.
The application will have to be portable between linux / macos / windows. I'll
use Qt4 for the GUI, and probably ffmpeg for the encoding part.

But I wonder what is the best, the most flexible to program and to
distribuate : an application linked to libavcodecs/libavformats or systems
calls to ffmpeg ?

Thank you for your answers !

Charles