[Ffmpeg-devel] wrong stream duration and pkt.pts

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Apr 28 21:57:27 CEST 2006

Thanos Kyritsis <djart at linux.gr> writes:

> On Friday 28 April 2006 20:42, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:32:59PM +0300, Thanos Kyritsis wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I've noticed a considerable amount of media files (including avi
>> > and mp3 files), for which ffmpeg reports wrong duration times
>>
>> are you using cvs?
>
> Of course. Well, I didn't cvs up today (last time was yesterday), but
> I've noticed this since weeks (perhaps months) now.
>
>> if so please provide sch a file (avi & mp3 only no
>> .mpg)
>
> Ok, I've uploaded a full .mp3 on
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ffmpeg-wrong-duration/

That's a VBR MP3 with Xing header.  It looks like lavf doesn't look at
the Xing header.

> and a partial (cut with dd) .avi file on
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/barfoo/

Error verified.  A build I happened to have from April 1 works.  Could
you please try to narrow it down a bit (using cvs -D)?

> (if they're gone I'll upload them on my own ftp server).
>
>> > and wrong
>> > pkt.pts value for some or the majority of frames.
>>
>> -9223372036854775808 == AV_NOPTS_VALUE which means unknown ...
>
> unknown yes, but why ?

I guess nothing specified it.

> Do you think these two problems might be relevant with each other
> somehow ?

No.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd