[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Aug 1 17:05:24 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 03:39:00PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >>Yes. I suggest to label it "windows development and user questions".
> >
> >fully agree
> >
> >and if there are no objections can the admins create such a thing?
>
> I think it's a waste of time. Given the only answer anyone will ever get
> there is: don't use windows or don't use MSVC. Given it's already on the
> webpage there's no reason to create something that will just create even
> more frustration from users of your code.

You misunderstand.  This is a constructive suggestion aimed at
separating the Windows users from the Windows-hating crowd.  This should
make the lives of both factions easier.

People like you can subscribe there and give support, this will create
an easily searchable archive for Windows-related questions.

Diego