[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Ramiro Polla ramiro86
Fri Aug 4 05:40:05 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 03:28:10AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
>
>>Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>>Link added to this page from our documentation page.
>>>

>>Thanks...
>>It wasn't quite finished. Now it's much better... I hope it helps reduce
>>the number of windows-only-related "bugs"...
>>

>Great, here are a few small comments:
>
>- The official statement about FFmpeg and MSVC is not that FFmpeg
>   depends too much on gcc, but that MSVC does not adhere to the C
>   standard.

Changed.
>- Hmm, WinRAR...  I'd rather see you advertise free software to unpack
>   tarballs.  7zip comes to mind.

Will do tomorrow. I'll leave WinRAR as an option though, pointing out
that 7zip is preferable.
>Other than that it looks good, thanks for creating it.

I'll put it in a wiki tomorrow, or whenever I have time. I'll also
change the place where it's hosted. I'll let you know then, to update
the docs.

Thanks,
Ramiro Polla