[Ffmpeg-devel] Patch to add header info to flv format

Adam McCann adam.mccann
Sat Aug 5 23:12:59 CEST 2006

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Chris Dolan wrote:
>
> Can you tell what's missing in the current ffmpeg metadata generation ?
>
> MvH
> Benjamin Larsson

Well, for me it doesn't even work! :)

The command and output are here:  http://pastebin.ca/117245

The exact same things happen with the latest SVN version of mencoder and
ffmpeg (since mencoder uses the ffmpeg flv injection code then that
makes sense) - basically an empty shell of metadata is saved, with no
useful information such as duration or the keyframes, so the progress
bar of the video does not move, and seeking does not work.

I am told I should submit a bug report, and will look into doing that
shortly.

Adam