[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg-devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 37

Richard Khoury richiek
Mon Aug 7 02:11:05 CEST 2006

You may also want to try this: Instead of using LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable, try editing your /etc/ld.so.conf file to add the
/usr/local/lib path. After editing this file run /sbin/ldconfig to
update the list of libraries the system is aware of. As long as the
.so file is in /usr/local/lib you should be fine.

RichardK.

 In the year 2006, of the Month of August, on the  6th day, James Simmons wrote:
> Luca,
>
> Your suggestion to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked just fine, so maybe there is a setup problem as you suggest.  I've been a Linux user since 1999 but there are still things I don't understand.  In this case I have a directory /usr/local/lib that is full of libraries that I've compiled from source but none of the programs that use them have ever had difficulty finding these libraries.  If you could direct me to an explanation I'd be much obliged.  Thanks again for your help.
>
> James Simmons
>
> ffmpeg-devel-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:47:15 +0200
> From: Luca Abeni
> Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] error while loading shared
>  libraries:libfaac.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>  or directory
> To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches

> Hi James,
>
> On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 11:35 -0700, James Simmons wrote:
> > I am attempting to compile ffmpeg with the following configure options:
> >
> > --enable-gpl --enable-xvid --enable-faac
> >
> > I have the latest xvid and faac libraies compiled from source and
> > installed in /usr/local/lib.  ffmpeg is the very latest in Subversion.
> > There are no compile errors in ffmpeg or the two libraries.
> > However, when I try running ffmpeg I get the following error message:
> >
> > ./ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libfaac.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Now the file libfaac.so.0 is in fact in /usr/local/lib
> [...]
> What hapens if you type
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> before running ffmpeg?
> If it works, then there is a setup problem on your side
>

>     Luca

* Richard Khoury
*
*   work: (02) 8707 6823