[Ffmpeg-devel] Building ffmpeg with x264 support under Win32

Jonathan Beavers jonathan.beavers
Wed Aug 9 13:17:25 CEST 2006

On 8/9/06, Gustavo Garc?a Bernardo <ggb at tid.es> wrote:

> I would like to know if it's possible to build the current ffmpeg
> libraries
> (SVN version) with the latest x264 version under Win32 (MinGW).    Is
> there
> any binary version of it (unofficial contributions, external project?)?

It's actually pretty easy to do. Just follow the instructions in
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt

Personally, I don't use the --prefix option with x264's configure. When it's
time to compile ffmpeg, I run configure --enable-x264
--extra-cflags=-I/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/local/lib or something
pretty similar.

Also, for future reference, this sort of question is probably better suited
to ffmpeg-user.

Good luck!

Jon