[Ffmpeg-devel] Problems with output picture reordering in H.264 decoder

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Aug 9 19:39:42 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 10:14 -0700, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > What kind of container timestamps are you assuming and what kind of
> > frame timing in the player? MPlayer wouldn't behave as you described,
> > neither with old timing nor with -correct-pts, at least if I understood
> > you correctly. By "detect the frame" do you mean the point at which the
> > decoder doesn't output a frame?
>
> I assume nothing about the container. This algorithm runs entirely inside
> libavcodec, using the h264's own pseudo-timestamps, "POC". If the current

I meant assumptions in the post I replied to. You phrased the results of
the different choices in terms of "breaks A-V sync", "There will be a
visible jerk", "No artifacts in the normal case". Those sounds like
they're player behaviors (certainly at least the first one is, "visible
jerk" might have causes the player could or could not avoid).