[Ffmpeg-devel] Problems with output picture reordering in H.264 decoder

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Aug 9 21:50:36 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 21:31 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> why not analyze the first few frames in av_find_stream_info() / the AVParser
> to guess the delay? that seems to be the best solution especially if you
> consider h264 -> foobar encoding for which correct timestamps will generally
> be needed

Looking at just a few first frames probably isn't too reliable. I tested
3 videos and one of them had the delay increase from 0 to 1 after about
40 frames (the others were delay 1 and 2 after the first frames).