[Ffmpeg-devel] Mac OS X Intel last part: balign directives

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Aug 11 11:39:53 CEST 2006

Hi Nigel,

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 11:28 +1000, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> 	Luca, thanks for the clarification.
>

> 	While Rich's proposal is extremely correct,
> I am wondering if it just a little too exhaustive?
I do not know. I just quoted Rich hoping to help the communication, but
I have not strong opinions about the number of tests ;-)

[...]
> 	Given that, in over four years, only one platform
> has been found that has .p2align instead of .balign,
> I suspect that one configure test (instead of four!)
> would be enough? e.g.:
In my opinion, something like the code you posted would be ok... If
someone has an assembler that does not support .p2align nor .balign, he
can add another test in configure later.

But this is just my opinion, and I am not the maintainer of that code...
Let's what Michael and the other experts say.

Anyway, I see that John Dalgliesh just posted a patch following a
different approach...
I am going to test it asap

			Thanks,
				Luca