[Ffmpeg-devel] handling scene changes

Klaus Almhofer Klaus.Almhofer
Sun Aug 6 19:03:27 CEST 2006

Hi all avcodec and avformat fans!

My problem is that I always get green frames into my MPEG2 output stream
when I have scene changes. Is there some possibility to avoid those green
frames when you output two following input videos into one output video?
Perhaps there's some possibility with fixed GOP sizes so that you can make
the scene changes at the I - Frames. Perhaps there's a more elegant
solution to find some encoder settings that make the encoder autodetect
scene changes and handle them without those green frames. Does anyone have
AVCodecContext settings that work?

Thanks in advance,

Klaus