[Ffmpeg-devel] request for concept

Alexander Satulov asatulov
Thu Aug 10 23:06:27 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am hopefully asking a question which should not take much of your time to
answer. I just need an advice of what approach I should apply. First, MPEG4
video is transmitted from a DVR server upon a cgi request, in other words
there is no explicit file to open. So how should I process incoming data in
this case? Can I still use av_open_input_file function, or I must work with
av_open_input_stream instead. And, second, the video format can be
changed to another format on fly. What should I do in such case?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Alexander.