[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem in optimization in PowerPC...

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Aug 11 22:48:21 CEST 2006

??? wrote:
> When I optimize my ffmpeg on PPC970 works using -tune=970 like this:
>
> #./configure --prefix=/home/ryan/ffmpeg_ppc_tune --tune=970 --powerpc-perf-
> enable
>
> WARNING: Tuning for PPC970 but AltiVec disabled!

use --tune=G5

do not use powerpc-perf-enable (I'm planning to remove it since it is
already cumbersome...)

> ?.
>

> After warning the install continue (make and make install)
>
> And to test ffmpeg I tried simple decode h.264 like this:
>
> #/ffmpeg -s 1920x1088 -i ../../hd.264 -s 1920x1088 out_hd.yuv
>
> ?.
>
> picture size invalid (1920x0)

???

> Segmentation fault

a backtrace would be nice...

> With out optimization, it works perfect.

as in?

> I don?t why this happen?

I cannot reproduce it

> Somebody have a document related with this?

Define better this ^^

> Ps. And I want to know how to use ./libavcode/ppc/* file enable.
>
> It looks like related with AltiVec for ppc optimization.
>
> You know how?

Probably

btw please don't attach image or anything when you send emails on this
mailing list.

lu

--

Luca Barbato