[Ffmpeg-devel] [MacIntel] Testers welcome!

Marco Manfredini mldb
Sat Aug 12 21:46:10 CEST 2006

"make test" fails in ../ffmpeg_g -y -flags +bitexact -dct fastint -idct simple
-y -i ./data/a-snow.avi -f rawvideo -s 352x288 ./data/out.yuv
with "Illegal Instruction"

when configured with ./configure --prefix=/opt/local

wondered why configure didn't bug me about memalign hack, redid everything
with ./configure --enable-memalign-hack --prefix=/opt/local, gets me the same
"Illegal Instruction" in the same test

running the test in gdb, reveals a EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION in
<ff_snow_horizontal_compose97i_sse2+817> paddd (%edx),%xmm6
where edx=0x2023e14

which explains the signal.

I did a third run with a plain ./configure --enable-memalign-hack, this time I
wiped all references to DarwinPorts out of my enviroment - same story. I'll
try to investigate further.

Marco