[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG decoder duplicates second last frame?

Stefan Heinzmann stefan_heinzmann
Sun Aug 13 00:04:34 CEST 2006

--- Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 08:08:07PM +0200, Stefan Heinzmann
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the MPEG decoder seems to duplicate the frame before the
> > last. I've seen this on an MPEG1 video stream that was
> part
> > of an MPEG2(SS). The last frame is produced correctly
> when
> > calling av_video_decode with NULL.
> >
> > The decode example shows this, too; it produces one ppm
> file
> > too much, and careful examination shows that there are
> two
> > files produced from the second last frame.
> >
> > The ffmpeg application also produces one more frame on
> output
> > than what the original file contains.
> >
> > Is this a known problem?
>
> no, it has been fixed ages ago

Really? It seems to have come back then. svn update today,
build on linux x86 still produces the problem here.

Do you remember what the fix was, or which revision it was?

Cheers
Stefan