[Ffmpeg-devel] streaming jpeg packets from a socket

embeddedPaolo xenakis embeddedpaolo
Sun Aug 13 03:56:03 CEST 2006

Hi all
I have to implement a program which does the following
operations:

1) it obtains distincts jpeg packets from a socket
2) while obtaining these packets, it makes a rtsp
stream (in mjpeg format) with them

With the command line tool I can create a stream from
jpeg files as inputs; however, in my case,
I don't want to save my packets as jpeg files (it
would be a heavy solution...do you agree?), but I want
to manage them directly....Is there a way to do it
with ffmpeg?,And, above all, is it simple or
difficoult to do?
I suspect it would be impossible to do this operation
with the command line tool, so .... are there any
sample codes (or examples) wich can be helpful for me?

tnx
Paolo