[Ffmpeg-devel] [MacIntel] Testers welcome!

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Aug 14 14:25:26 CEST 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> The last part of patches to add MacIntel support has been committed.
> Could the ppl who have access to any of these machines confirm that it
> works?

This works but with --enable-pthreads it tries to pass -pthread(s) to the gcc
options. Using Apple's gcc 4.0.1 this argument is not recognised and it doesn't
throw an error about it, only a warning. -lpthread needs to be added to the
LDFLAGS, that's all.

Also -rdynamic is unrecognised and similarly just throws a warning.

I pointed these out to Mans on IRC and I believe he came up with a clean
solution but he's not around on there at the moment. When he's back I'll try to
get him to commit it if it's commit-worthy.

Otherwise all the asm code compiles fine and everything's just dandy. Thanks for
all the effort put in from the contributors, I guess especially John Dalgliesh
for writing the asm patches and Michael for reviewing.

Rob