[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and regression tests

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Aug 16 09:36:16 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 14:02 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > So, how to fix "make test" with swscale? I can think about 2 possible
> > solutions, but there are probably more:
> > 1) leave the libavocodec scaling and format conversion routines in
> > place, and always use them in the tests (even if swscale is enabled)
> > 2) use different *.ref files whe swscale is enabled
>
> could we make old and sws scaling runtime switchable?
Yes, of course :) I just need to sit down and think a little bit about
the best way to do this.

Currently, when swscale is enabled the ffmpeg rescaling and format
conversion routines are not compiled. I did it this way because I had
the impression that there was the will to have swscale as a replacement
to ffmpeg's routines (if I remember well, this whole story begun because
someone complained about ffmpeg's routines).
But maybe I misunderstood; I'll find a way to make the two
implementation coexist.

> if thats not too
> diffcult then we should do that and have regression tests for both
Ok, I'll do this.

BTW, I was also thinking about implementing regression tests for the
scaling and format conversion routines, so that we can easily find if
some patch breaks swscale... But I'll do this after everything else is
working.

			Thanks,
				Luca