[Ffmpeg-devel] cross compilation fails from x86_64 to mingw32

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Wed Aug 16 23:02:50 CEST 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:51:29 +0200
Gianluigi Tiesi <mplayer at netfarm.it> wrote:

> I'm cross compiling mingw32 ffmpeg on a x86_64 host.
> There is a check in the configure
> that outputs:
> TARGET_ARCH_X86_64=yes
> #define ARCH_X86_64 1
>
> depending on the host cpu, obiviuosly it will fail in i386 asm where
> asm code is ifdefed between x86 and x86_64,
> I've looked at configure and it seams that this check is unconditional
> i.e. is taken from the output of uname -m and not asking the compiler
> I suggest to extrapolate it from gcc -dumpmachine,
> and yes I known there is a --cpu option, but I think the approach is
> wrong.

I already faced this situation and I totally agree.
Here is a patch which implement this.
It moves the cpu "normalization" after command line parsing so as
to be able to use $cc to detect cpu.
Is it ok to commit ?

Aurel