[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and regression tests

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Aug 18 14:51:59 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 09:20 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 08:38:09AM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> > If something like introduce-compile_.diff is not ok, then I can add some
> > "&& defined(CONFIG_GPL)" to all the "#ifdef" in the swscale code.
>
> yes, && defined(CONFIG_GPL) seems to be much clearer and flexible
Ok, here is a patch for people to test.

> of these functions where written by authors other then me and they might
> not mind to switch to lgpl
Ok, let's start with the non-simd versions.
I had a look at the authors names in all the files, and here is a list:
swscale-example.c:
cs_test.c:
        Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
rgb2rgb.c:
        Nick Kurshev                    (no license?)
        Michael (michaelni at gmx.at)      (GPL)
rgb2gb_template.c:
        Nick Kurshev                    (no license?)
        Michael (michaelni at gmx.at)      (GPL)
        Alex Beregszaszi                (under which license?)
swscale.c:
        Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
swscale_template.c:
        Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
swscale_altivec_template.c:
        Romain Dolbeau <romain at dolbeau.org>
yuv2rgb.c:
        Aaron Holtzman <aholtzma at ess.engr.uvic.ca>
	H?kan Hjort <d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se>
	Franck Sicard <Franck.Sicard at solsoft.fr>
        Michael Niedermayer (michaelni at gmx.at)
yuv2rgb_altivec.c:
        marc.hoffman at analog.com (no license?)
yuv2rgb_mlib.c:
        H?kan Hjort <d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se>
yuv2rgb_template.c:
        Olie Lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>
        Michael Niedermayer
I hope I did not miss anyone (if I did, I apologize in advance. Let me
know if the list contains errors).

So, it seems that to relicense as LGPL the non-simd part we will need
Aaron Holtzman's (and probably H?kan Hjort's and Franck Sicard's)
permission. I am going to write an email to all the peple listed above
to ask about their position (I'll cc: the ffmpeg-devel).

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !