[Ffmpeg-devel] New pixel formats

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Aug 20 15:21:31 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:32:32AM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally managed to build a version of swscale that does not need
> img_format.h. To do this, I needed to define the following new pixel
> formats in libavutil:
>     PIX_FMT_RGB32,
[...]
>     PIX_FMT_BGR32,

>     PIX_FMT_BGR16,
>     PIX_FMT_BGR15,

these are inconsistant to the existing 15/16bit format names

[...]

>     PIX_FMT_RG4B,
>     PIX_FMT_BG4B,

i dont like the names of the above, RGB4_CHAR, RGB4_BYTE, RGB4_PER_BYTE,
RGB4_8BIT, ... are all better

>     PIX_FMT_YUYV422,

that one might be redundant

[...]

>     PIX_FMT_BGRA32,
>     PIX_FMT_ABGR32,
>     PIX_FMT_ARGB32,

well, i dont know what these formats are supposed to be but there only
exist 4 ARGB variants and with your proposal there would be 6 that means
at least 2 must be duplicates

also please add comments so its clear what each of these formats is
exactly