[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg with libavutil/mem.c revision 5992 crashes when starting encoding

Alexey avs99
Thu Aug 17 07:41:03 CEST 2006

Hello all!

Today I got the latest version from SVN. It compiles well, but ffmpeg.exe
produces a Windows error message when it is trying to do encoding. I tested
using this command:

ffmpeg -i test.flv test2.flv

and when it worked (revision before 5992), the message "do you want to overwrite
the file" appeared first before encoding. But after revision 5992 before this
message I always get Windows Report Error screen. I tested on 2 PC, both with
WinXP Prof SP2 and all latest updates. The problem is with mem.c file,
av_realloc() function (the only file changed in revision 5992).

Ffmpeg was build with this configure options:

./configure  --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingw32 --enable-mp3lame
--disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-shared --disable-static

Hope that helps to identify the problem.

With best regards,

Alexey