[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG-2 Acceleration Under Mac OS X - Can We Move This Forward?

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier
Tue Aug 29 00:27:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

galenz at zinkconsulting.com a ?crit :
> Hello,
>
> I've been a little bit involved with an interesting project called
> Accellent which is a libavcodec-based reverse-engineer of Mac OS X's
> MPEG-2 hardware acceleration API. Apple refused to release any data on
> this, so John decided to reverse engineer it. After a few iterations and
> a bit of work, we now have a nice open source application that works
> under Mac OS 10.4 and 10.3. Take a look at it here:
> http://www.defyne.org/dvb/accellent.html

Would you happen to know if there's a similar MPEG-4 AVC decoding API
for Apple computers? MPEG-4 AVC is even more hungry than MPEG2, so any
kind of hardware acceleration would be great!

[..]

Guillaume