[Ffmpeg-devel] PATCH proposal - AMR encoding/decoding stubs

Alexey avs99
Wed Aug 30 14:48:30 CEST 2006

Hello all!

Recently I was working with AMR encoding/decoding, and found out that basically
setting in ./configure --enable/disable-decoder=AMR_NB/AMR_WB command does not
make any difference - always all files in amr folders are compiled and linked to
the libavcodec library. In my project I was concerned about the final library
size, so I changed this to link only required object files. However because
there are so many different combinations (amr_nb_fixed/float, amr_wb and
encoder/decoder), that if put everything into single amr.c file, it will be all
in #if/#endif, and hard to read, understand and maintain. So my question is if I
can make 4 files (amr_wb_enc.c, amr_wb_dec.c, amr_nb_enc.c, amr_nb_dec.c) out of
this one amr.c? Or at least two - amr_dec.c and amr_enc.c (but then it also not
that easy to follow all #ifdef's). Is it acceptable?

Thanks,

Alexey