[Ffmpeg-devel] question: wmv3 codec image "drifts"

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Fri Dec 1 07:00:44 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 05:12:44PM -0600, Ryan Martell wrote:

[...]
> I have provided a sample at:
>
> /MPlayer/incoming/DriftingWMV9
>
> The audio doesn't sync, but that's a different issue I'm sure.
>
> I don't think this is my mms problem, because mplayer has the same
> problem (using a different mms library).
>
> Any thoughts?

Your sample is encoded with WMV3 Simple Profile and VC-1 standard
says maximum picture size for SP is 320x240, your file has a bit
greater dimensions. When I hack extradata to treat file as Main Profile
reference decoder does decode it but also not without glitches.
I'll see what can be done and what's wrong with motion compensation.