[Ffmpeg-devel] libavutil conflict with system headers on Darwin

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Dec 3 17:27:55 CET 2006

Hello,
[...]
> > It is usually reasonable to include system headers before ffmpeg
> > headers, but that's not enough to avoid the problem. Other non-system
> > headers besides ffmpeg ones can also use __attribute__((always_inline)),
> > and it's not reasonable to require that ffmpeg headers must be included
> > after those. It would be impossible to include headers from two projects
> > with such "must appear last" requirements.
>
> as these arent supposed to be vissible to the outside you can never have a
> problem with headers from 2 projects ...

Unfortunately always_inline currently is visible outside. Probably a bad idea in
looking back.
Though I find this define a bit weird anyway, since is named the same
way as one of its "components":
#    define always_inline __attribute__((always_inline)) inline
In addition it is inconsistent, e.g.:
#    define attribute_used __attribute__((used))
so attribute_always_inline would be more consistent (although
always_inline is not only an attribute it also includes inline).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger