[Ffmpeg-devel] libavutil conflict with system headers on Darwin

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Mon Dec 4 14:03:23 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:40 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> of #include directives would get around the problem.  Are these macros visible
> to applications using our headers?  Should they be?

They are visible. avutil.h includes common.h which defines them.

They should not be visible (with current names at least), as they break
any other header or main program code which uses
__attribute__((always_inline)).

Besides always_inline there's

/* Suppress restrict if it was not defined in config.h.  */
#ifndef restrict
#    define restrict
#endif

redefining C keywords is pretty bad...