[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Mon Dec 4 17:50:59 CET 2006

Hi Luca,

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 09:16 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Takis,
>
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 17:09 +0100, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > What patch?
> > The one I submitted providing a basic H.264 encoder.
> Even if you are not trying to get the patch integrated in ffmpeg
> anymore, are you publishing this work somewhere?
Yes, I had the impression no-one was interested so I didn't really
update the website anymore. I did upload updated patches regulary [*].
I've updated the page now though. Well, in fact, I started updating it
the 24th, but had lots of other work so had to postpone sending this
e-mail and finishing the update. So, I'm updating it at the moment
(patch is already updated, tarball isn't updated yet).

> I could only find this page
> http://research.edm.uhasselt.be/~h264
> but it seems to be quite old.
>
> Maybe other people might want to help with a "native" H.264 encoder...
Obviously I'd love that. But, without the patch entering the FFmpeg tree
I fear it will not work.

With friendly regards,
Takis

[*] http://research.edm.uhasselt.be/h264/patches/