[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Dec 4 22:03:43 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/4/06, Panagiotis Issaris <takis.issaris at uhasselt.be> wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 09:16 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > Hi Takis,
> >
> > On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 17:09 +0100, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> > [...]
> > > The one I submitted providing a basic H.264 encoder.
> > Even if you are not trying to get the patch integrated in ffmpeg
> > anymore, are you publishing this work somewhere?
> Yes, I had the impression no-one was interested so I didn't really
> update the website anymore. I did upload updated patches regulary [*].
> I've updated the page now though. Well, in fact, I started updating it
> the 24th, but had lots of other work so had to postpone sending this
> e-mail and finishing the update. So, I'm updating it at the moment
> (patch is already updated, tarball isn't updated yet).

Takis, Michael offered  you to create a branch on ffmeg svn
repository. If you do that, your incremental changes will be public
(and hopefully much easier to review), and everyone with svn write
privileges may help you.

I do understand that you would rather have your changes merged right
away, but well... better have thing get forward than blocked.

BTW, if you are able to pull all your change sets from your git
repository, so that we can have the full changes of your branch, I
think it would be very valuable.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations