[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg real-time encode webcam

jean.mab at bluewin.ch jean.mab
Wed Dec 6 09:51:15 CET 2006

Hello,

I need to use ffmpeg in real time for my project: A webcam stream
video pass through a codec and  is displayed on the screen. So I
learn the apiexample.c and "Using libavcodec" example to do that and
it seems to be ok.
But what I want to do now is the following:

1. Modifiy the framerate: I think I can do that with c->time_base=
(AVRational){1,25};

2. Modifiy the compression rate: which parameter of the structure
AVCodecContext can I choose to do that?

3. Display in real time the bitrate after the compression (so
display the bitrate of the stream between the compression and the
decompression): which function can do that?

An other question: Is it possible to change the framerate and the
compression rate in real time ?

Thank you